Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Meeting my fellow coaches

Today was the first day all 26 coaches were in the same room together….from all across Canada.  Each of us will be participating in one of three Management Coaching Programs to either Ghana, Malawi, or Uganda.  We introduced ourselves to the group and I was able to personally meet my Coaching Partner Eric…should be easy to remember his name!!!  Eric is from Moncton, and is a retired GM of a Credit Union.  He and his wife Cecilia have been married for over 31 years and have two grown..but not married…sons.  He has travelled to Ghana twice in the past and loves international development.  So glad to have him as my partner!!!
We spent most of the day, in cultural training either as a group, or broken out in small groups interviewing a person who grew up in the respective country they are visiting.  We met Charles, how immigrated to Canada 20 years ago from Northern Uganda.  A very interesting person, who shared lots of good information with our group.  Hopefully I can remember all of the cultural nuiances when I am in Uganda.
We worked late today and once we finished up we all head out to grab a bite to eat and get to know each other on a more personal basis.  Everyone has such interesting stories!!!
I will admit I am getting apprehensive about leaving, however Eric and the CCA staff assure us that we have nothing to worry about….easy for them to say!!!  LOL!!
I am missing my family a whole lot but I know they are all in really good hands!!
I have included a picture of Eric so that you are able to connect who I will be travelling with.

2 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your posts- thanks for keeping us all informed.
    Also, how great is it that your partner is so experienced on endevours like this. He will surely be very helpful with all the details, etc.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in great hands travelling with Eric. I had the pleasure of being part of his group that went to Ghana in 2010. What a great way to start my day, getting a glimpse into what you are experiencing as you travel.
    Take care,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete