Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Supper this evening with a native of Uganda

This evening, my family and I have the wonderfully opportunity to meet with a lady who grew up in Uganda and immigrated to Canada four years ago.  I am so excited to chat with her and get an 'insiders' perspective on Uganda, where to go, what to see, (what to stay away from) and learn about her native culture.  This is truly an unique opportunity to meet someone who knows and understands the culture before I embark on the journey.  A big thank-you to Mayor Reckseidler and his wife Sheila for pulling this together.  (Sheila is a co-worker with her)

I am so excited for my children to have opportunity to meet someone who grew up in Uganda and to talk with them about their culture.  I think this will give them a glimpse into who I will be working with while in Africa. 

Stay tuned tomorrow for an update on our evening.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment