Friday, January 14, 2011

Just about ready to go

Well, in just a few short hours, I will embark on the greatest experience of my credit union career.  What began almost a year ago is now just a few short hours away and only one nasty Alberta Blizzard stands between me and the airport.  Yes, the largest and coldest blizzard we have had in years, is happening right now!!!  I can barely see across the street it is snowing so hard!  (Who said going to Africa in January was a bad idea?!?!)

I have checked, double checked, and re-checked my packing list and hopefully I have everything I will ever need and if I don't have it....I really hope I don't need it!  :-)  It has been quite a challenge to pack for the damp coldness of an Ottawa winter, and the dry heat of Uganda!!!  It was like packing for two trips in one.

As I finish off the last few work related items on my desk, I realize how fortunate I am to participate in the Coaching Program with the CCA.  Thank-you to my employer Servus Credit Union for supporting me in this program and allowing me time away from my regular job.   Also thank-you to the staff at my branch in Delburne....you ladies rock!!!  (be sure and keep in touch!)

An opportunity like this doesn't happen without the support and encouragement of my people and to each of you I want to say thanks!!

Be sure and keep in touch and stay tuned for an update tomorrow.  (that is if I make it to the airport and survive the QE2!!)

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment