Friday, January 21, 2011

We are here!!!

We safely arrived in Entebbe Africa around 10 pm local time after flying for roughly one full day and all most non stop….Ottawa to Toronto…Toronto to London…and London to Entebbe!!!!  It really was a whirlwind.  Stepped of the plane on the tarmac as was greeted with warm humid Africa air…felt good after our Canadian winter!!!!
Unfortunately my luggage and our leader’s luggage did not all arrive…not sure what happened but we are both short a suitcase.  They think it will arrive on the flight in from London tonight.  Thank-fully I was prepared and packed all my important documents, books, computer and camera in my carry on.
Our driver last night was a great guy named John…he picked us up in a diesel ¼ ton Nissan crew cab truck…and we were off to Kampala and the hotel….roughly 45 minutes away.  He was a great driver and we felt very save with him. 
Checked into our hotel at midnight Friday night…we started our journey at 3:00 in the afternoon on Thursday in Ottawa.  It is very comfortable and clean…modern with internet right in the room…unfortunately I didn’t sleep much as the main road is right out side my window…I will have to see what I can do better for sleep tonight.
We are off to the experience the local market and shopping center….hopefully purchase something to take home.
Thank you for following along…and your comments are greatly appreciated!

Stewart

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear, and read that you made it to Uganda safely. Every morning, I open my internet browser and go to your blog. Please keep them coming and get a good night's sleep.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete